Family have lucky escape after hoverboard causes house fire

 Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to Bulleid Place in Newtown on Friday night (9th March) after a hoverboard toy that was left charging on the landing caught alight.

The family all got out of the house safely but the landing suffered fire damage and the first floor of the property was badly smoke damaged.

Following the incident, Kent Fire and Rescue gave the following advice:

Make sure electrical goods have a British or European safety mark on them when you buy them. If it doesn’t have one, it could be a fire hazard.  Only buy hoverboards from trusted sources  and if possible charge them on a surface that is fire proof such as a stone/concrete floor. Avoid leaving them on charge for long periods of time – especially if you’re asleep or out of the house.
Share this post
  • 2

Leave a Reply