Wye Village was buzzing with cheerful voices early on Saturday morning as more than 600 happy walkers gathered to undertake the Pilgrims Way Challenge charity fundraising walk.
Early estimations are that the event will raise more than £90,000 for Pilgrims Hospices!
Walkers enjoyed a 25km 35km or 55km hike through the beautiful rural countryside along one of England’s oldest and least trodden national trails. Young and old alike took to the rolling fields and picturesque villages along the Pilgrims Way to the historic city of Canterbury and onwards to a coastal finish at Dover Castle.
- Why do so few people use Ashford’s fantastic footpaths and cycle-ways?
- Free summer film-making project for young people in Ashford – 12/14/16 August
- Science talks from leading cancer researchers – Wed 24th July
- Phill Thorne gets CREATE-IVE !
- Conningbrook Lakes Draft Master Plan Approved